Effective January 1, 2021
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information we collect
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website; provide product reviews; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information (we do not store or have access to the payment card information you provide), product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
What do we use your information for?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please visit the Preference Center within your Account page);
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and properties;
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- If Golf Stix Value Guide is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, that set cookies when you visit our websites. This helps us understand how you are using our services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
|Category of Cookies||Why We Use These Cookies|
|Technical||These cookies are essential for our services to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.|
|Preferences||We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.|
|Security||We use these cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.|
|Performance||We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.|
|Analytics||We use these cookies to help us understand and improve our services. For example, we can use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.|
|Advertising||We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, make the ads more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website and track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.|
- Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do so, some features of this site might not work as intended.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
Unsubscribing and opting out of promotional communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at email@example.com
We store the information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
We take reasonable measures to help protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and other unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Customers who are residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, we will only process your personal data:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the services you have requested);
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (e.g., to communicate with you about changes to our services, to advertise our services, and to provide, secure, and improve our services); or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You may also have the right to restrict certain processing of your data.
To make any of these requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as practicable and no later than one month after receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
We may deny or restrict fulfillment of your request in some cases, such as when your access to data places another individual’s privacy rights at risk, or the continued processing of your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. If so, we will notify you of the reason(s) for this denial.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
California Privacy Rights (CCPA)
Please see our California Privacy Rights page for more information. This provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers and the right afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Certain terms used in this section have meanings given to them in the CCPA.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimer, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.golfstixvalueguide.com/terms-and-conditions
This policy was last modified May 25, 2018
Golf Stix Inc.
6752 Shady Oak Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55344